- Korean Beauty
- Lasers & Light
- Wellness / IV Infusions
- Payment Plans
IPL Photofacial in Troy
Fight Skin Damage
At I AM Medical Spas and Laser Center, our patients have trusted us to help revitalize their skin—and deliver beautiful results—for years. Often, incorporating IPL photofacials into your long-term care plan can help us target age spots, freckles, redness, small vessels, fine lines and wrinkles, acne, and more.
IPL (Intensive Pulse Light) Therapy aka photofacial, uses light energy to target a certain color in your skin. Unlike lasers, light energy from an IPL device can emit more than one wavelength of pulsing light.
Leaving you looking younger, with a more even skin tone. As IPL Photofacial can treat a range of skin conditions simultaneously.
Photofacial in Troy
What it Treats
Fine lines & wrinkles
Redness and rosacea
Enlarged/visible blood vessels
30 to 60 minutes
Female or Male
18 & older
Recovery & Downtime
There is no required downtime after an IPL photofacial in Troy. You may experience some redness, but most patients go about their normal activities immediately.
Why try an IPL Photofacial treatment in Troy?
Treats Many Concerns
IPL Photofacials have the power to restore damaged skin, minimize wrinkles, eliminate facial veins, calm redness & rosacea, and much more.
A non-invasive photofacial is simple, quick, and won’t interrupt your routine.
Clients who receive regular photofacials see long-lasting results for years to come. Often, they find smoother, clearer, and more youthful skin.
The IPL Photofacial Process
What to Expect?
At I AM Medical Spas and Laser Center, consultations are where we truly get to know you. We’ll listen to all of your concerns, assess the current condition of your skin, and work with you to determine a treatment plan that fits your lifestyle and budget. From beginning to end, you’ll have our full attention and will be treated as a respected and valued guest of our office.
Book Your IPL Photofacial
Our front desk staff will book your treatment for a day and time that works best for you. Then, we’ll provide you with detailed instructions on how to prepare for your appointment to help optimize your results.
Arrive For Treatment
When you arrive, you’ll be invited to one of our comfortable and relaxing treatment rooms. We’ll give you a comprehensive review of the treatment, make sure you understand what to expect, and answer any and all of your questions.
Sit Back and Relax
Your aesthetician will treat you evenly and accurately. Our team is expertly educated and trained on the best techniques to ensure we meet your high standards and expectations. During a photofacial, we will instruct you to keep your eyes closed. However, you’re free to listen to music, chat with your aesthetician, or simply lay back and relax.
Once the photofacial is complete, we will assess the treated area and give you a brief review of your post-treatment instructions. At this time, we’ll book any follow-up appointments needed to maintain your overall treatment plan and help you make the most of your results!
Before your IPL photofacial in Troy, you should:
- Avoid sun exposure, either naturally or through the use of tanning beds (including self-tanning methods) for at least 4 weeks prior to your treatment.
- Avoid products containing retinol, Retin-A, glycolic acid, and alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) for at least one week prior to your treatment.
- Discontinue use of aspirin, ibuprofen, and other anti-inflammatory or blood thinning medications for at least 3 days. If you are taking these medications under the direction of a physician, you should consult with them before discontinuing.
- Tell your provider if you have been on Accutane or another product containing isotretinoin in the last year.
- If we are treating your face/neck, arrive with a bare face (cleansed with no makeup, serums, or moisturizers).
After your IPL photofacial in Troy we recommend you:
- Use a cold compress and over-the-counter anti-inflammatory medication for post-treatment swelling and redness.
- Use gentle cleansers, do not rub your skin, and avoid hot water for at least 2-3 days.
- Use sunscreen (SPF 30+) and moisturizer religiously. Also consider a hat or other physical block if going into direct sunlight.
- Do not use any scrubs, exfoliants, chemicals, or topical medications on the treated area for at least a week.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take to see results?
With IPL Photofacial light technology, most patients see results after one treatment session! Depending on your desired results and size of the treatment area, you may require more sessions.
How many photofacials will I need?
The number of treatments needed to achieve the desired look varies from client to client. The extent of damage, the size of the area we're treating, and the level of improvement desired will affect how many treatments may be recommended by our professionals.
What can I expect during the procedure?
This is a gentle, non-invasive, and safe procedure. Most patients do not experience any discomfort and report feeling a warm, popping sensation in the treated area.
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.