- Korean Beauty
- Lasers & Light
- Wellness / IV Infusions
- Payment Plans
Skin Rejuvenation in Troy
Awaken Younger Looking Skin
For good reason, Microneedling has become a popular skin care technique. Little puncture wounds are made by rolling a wand or pen with miniature needles attached. Even though these injuries are superficial, the body still reacts by releasing healing elements that improve the skin’s resilience, radiance, and overall health. After just one session of Microneedling, your skin will look radiant, and the benefits will continue to build for months to come. Microneedling has a wide variety of useful effects. A list of the top ten most notable follows. Minimizes the look of fine lines and wrinkles, treats scars and sun damage, delays the signs of aging, reduces pores, boosts the effectiveness of topical skincare products helps treat, rosacea and acne, and reduces stretch marks.
Skin Rejuvenation in Troy
What it Treats
Fine lines and wrinkles
Uneven skin tone
Dark under-eye circles
Female or Male
18 or older
Recovery & Downtime
There is no need for downtime. Skin may likely be tight, red, and swollen after your Skin Rejuvenation treatment but should subside in 48 hours or less. This won’t prevent you from most normal activities, though. Avoid strenuous activity that would cause you to perspire. You should also avoid direct sunlight exposure. Full skin recovery takes about 3 days.
Why try Skin Rejuvenation in Troy?
Safe and natural
This treatment carries little risk of side effects. Microneedling uses your body's own mechanisms to stimulate healing, so there are no complications in using it to help signal your body’s cells to regenerate and stimulate collagen production.
Our patients are pleased with the results of a Skin Rejuvenation treatment. Immediately after treatment, patients notice a healthy glow to their skin. Results will continue to improve over the following days, weeks, and months. Most patients continue to see improvements for up to 6 months!
Increase Collagen Production
At I AM Medical Spas and Laser Center in Troy, we perform our Skin Rejuvenation treatment to encourage a natural renewal of your skin. uses your body's own mechanisms to stimulate healing, we encourage your cells to do the work by generating new collagen, which leads to brighter, smoother skin.
The Skin Rejuvenation Process
What to Expect?
At I AM Medical Spas and Laser Center, consultations are where we truly get to know you. We'll listen to all of your concerns, assess the current condition of your skin, and work with you to determine a treatment plan that fits your lifestyle and budget. From beginning to end, you'll have our full attention, and we will always treat you with respect as a valued guest of our office.
Book your appointment
Our front desk staff will book your treatment for a day and time that works best for you. Then, we'll provide you with detailed instructions on how to prepare for your appointment to help optimize your results.
Arrive for treatment
When you arrive, we'll bring you back to one of our comfortable and relaxing treatment rooms. We'll give you a comprehensive review of the treatment, make sure you understand what to expect, and answer any and all of your questions.
Sit back and relax
During Skin Rejuvenation treatment, the provider begins your microneedling. Throughout the treatment, you'll be free to listen to music, chat with your aesthetician, or simply lay back and relax. After your microneedling, minor redness and swelling may persist for a few hours or even up to two days after your session, but this is normal and will go away on its own.
After your treatment session is complete, we will assess the treated area and give you a brief review of your post-treatment instructions. At this time, we'll book any follow-up appointments you may need and you'll be able to go about the rest of your day normally.
To prepare for a Skin Rejuvenation treatment in Troy, we suggest:
- For 2 weeks before treatment, do not have any IPL/Laser procedures
- 2 weeks before the appointment, avoid sun exposure and all tanning methods.
- 1 week before treatment, avoid the use of retinoids, topical antibiotics, exfoliants, AHAs (e.g., glycolic acid) and BHAs (e.g., salicylic acid), and other topical agents that increase skin sensitivity.
- 1 week before the appointment, do not wax, epilate, use electrolysis, or any other hair removal methods on the treatment area.
- 3 days before treatment, do not take anti-inflammatory and blood-thinning medications such as ibuprofen, aspirin, ginkgo, vitamin E, fish oil, etc.
- Do not shave the treatment area the day of the procedure to avoid irritation. If you have dense hair, closely shave the area the day before your appointment.
- Staying hydrated will aid the healing process.
- Tell your specialist if you have been on Accutane in the last six months or if you are prone to cold sores.
- Please arrive with a bare treatment area, clean off any lotion, oil, makeup, powder, perfume, or sunscreen.Limit your sun exposure and wear SPF.
Following your Skin Rejuvenation treatment in Troy, it is important to:
- Avoid using anti-inflammatory medications (ibuprofen, Advil, Motrin, etc.) for at least 1 week. You may use Tylenol for any soreness.
- Wait at least 4 hours, then wash with a gentle cleanser and cool water, using only clean hands.
- Do NOT ice the face or use any arnica or bromelain to avoid interfering with the natural inflammatory process.
- Avoid strenuous exercise that causes sweating, as well as saunas, jacuzzis, and steam baths for at least 48 hours.
- Sleep on your back with your head elevated to minimize swelling or pain as needed for 2-3 days.
- Do NOT pick, scratch, or scrub any peeling or flaking skin. Allow this to occur naturally and keep skin moisturized at all times with a hyaluronic acid serum.
- Avoid topical skincare and Retin-A products for 5 days or until skin is no longer irritated.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the advantages of our Skin Rejuvenation treatment?
Microneedling is a popular treatment option at I AM Medical Spas and Laser Center in Troy. We use multiple fine needles to create micro-injuries in the skin. This stimulates the body's own healing response, prompting your skin to produce collagen and elastin—the building blocks of healthy, youthful-looking skin.
For good reason, microneedling has become a popular skin care technique. Little puncture wounds are made by rolling a wand or pen with miniature needles attached. Even though these injuries are superficial, the body still reacts by releasing healing elements that improve the skin's resilience, radiance, and overall health. After just one session of microneedling, your skin will look radiant, and the benefits will continue to build for months to come. Microneedling has a wide variety of useful effects. A list of the top ten most notable follows.
Minimizes the look of fine lines and wrinkles, treats scars and sun damage, delays the signs of aging, reduces pores, boosts the effectiveness of topical skincare products helps treat, rosacea and acne, and reduces stretch marks.
When will I see results?
Most patients notice a healthy glow immediately after treatment, with results continuing to improve for up to 6 months after treatment. As with similar treatments, results are greatly influenced by your lifestyle, sun exposure, diet, and the use of effective skincare products.
How many microneedling treatments do I need?
We may recommend a series of three or more treatments for optimal results, each scheduled four to six weeks apart.
During your initial consultation for Skin Rejuvenation treatment in Troy, we will make a personalized recommendation for the number of treatments needed. We will base it on your overall skincare goals, lifestyle, and budget.
Is there any reason someone shouldn't have a Skin Rejuvenation treatment?
Skin Rejuvenation may not be for you if:
You have active acne, consider alternative treatments; the microneedling technique can actually spread acne-causing bacteria over the skin, causing new breakouts.
You have used Accutane within the last three months.
You have open wounds, cuts, or abrasions.
You have had radiation on your skin in the last year.
You have a skin infection or herpes simplex in the treatment area.
You have trouble healing.
You are pregnant or breastfeeding, you may not be a candidate for microneedling at this time.
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.