- Korean Beauty
- Lasers & Light
- Wellness / IV Infusions
- Payment Plans
Permanent Makeup in Troy
Low Maintenance, High Impact
Applying makeup every day can be time-consuming and downright difficult, especially for certain populations. While you might love the look of makeup, getting the perfect application every time is next to impossible. Moreover, you need to remove your makeup every single night to take care of your skin.
The perfect solution for many is permanent makeup! In Troy at I AM Medical Spas and Laser Center, we offer multiple options for permanent makeup so you can wake up with your ideal look without all of the hassle. Permanent makeup such as eyeliner or lip blushing is actually a form of semi-permanent tattooing. Expert providers deposit pigment into the skin in precise areas for a beautiful result.
Permanent Makeup in Troy
What it Treats
1 to 2 hours
Female or Male
18 & older
Recovery & Downtime
It will take some time for the pigment to fade into the final results, but there is no downtime for permanent makeup in Troy.
Why try Permanent Makeup in Troy?
Permanent makeup application lasts for many months with zero maintenance.
Permanent makeup gives you the freedom of beautiful makeup without the daily application.
Some people may not have the confidence to leave the house without daily eyebrow makeup. With microblading, you can start your day feeling good and without worry.
The Permanent Makeup Process
What to Expect?
We always start with a consultation to learn about your desired results with permanent makeup. After examining your skin and unique anatomy, we'll help determine which technique is best for your needs.
To ensure little to no discomfort, your permanent makeup artist will use a topical anesthetic over the treatment area. This numbs and prepares the skin. Your provider will precisely apply the pigment while keeping you comfortable throughout the process.
It's normal to experience some swelling and irritation right after treatment. We will provide specific aftercare instructions.
Before your treatment for Permanent Makeup in Troy, you should:
- Do not have a tan or sunburn on your face because as either of these fades, it can fade the pigment.
- No eyebrow waxing, plucking, or tinting 1 week before if treating the eyebrows.
- Avoid deep exfoliating treatments such as a chemical peel 1 month before.
- Avoid products containing retinol, Retin-A, glycolic acid, and alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) for at least 1 week prior to your treatment.
- Discontinue use of aspirin, ibuprofen, and other anti-inflammatory or blood-thinning medications for at least 3 days. If you are taking these medications under the direction of a physician, you should consult with them before discontinuing.
- Tell your provider if you have been on Accutane or another product containing isotretinoin in the last year.
After your treatment for Permanent Makeup in Troy, we recommend you:
- Do not pick or rub the treated area, allow any scabbing to naturally flake off.
- To avoid fading of the color, do not sweat for 10 days after the treatment. This includes avoiding high-intensity exercise, saunas, and other sweat-inducing environments.
- Avoid using products that will fade your eyebrows faster on the area, like acids or retinol.
- Apply healing ointment or balm as recommended by your I AM Medical Spas and Laser Center provider.
Frequently Asked Questions
Am I a candidate for permanent makeup?
Almost anyone is a great candidate for permanent makeup! Whether you just want a wash of color on your natural lips or the perfect cat eye every day, this treatment is ideal for many.
Additionally, makeup application can be especially difficult for those with disabilities or difficulty using their hands, steadying themselves, or those with poor eyesight.
Is permanent makeup similar to tattooing?
Yes, permanent makeup is similar to tattooing. Both use skin-safe pigments and a needle to apply the product to the skin. However, the style and artistry of permanent makeup are completely different.
Is the treatment permanent?
Yes, though it is important to note that the pigments can and will fade with time. We recommend maintenance treatments as needed for the best results possible.
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.