- Korean Beauty
- Lasers & Light
- Wellness / IV Infusions
- Payment Plans
Microblading in Troy
Beautiful Brows Every Day
Your eyebrows are one of the central features of your face. Great eyebrows are truly transformative, but not everyone has thick, shapely brows naturally. Whether you overplucked in decades past or just don’t have the natural shape or thickness you want, microblading in Troy at I AM Medical Spas and Laser Center is a perfect long-term solution for fuss-free brows every day.
Microblading is a permanent makeup technique that uses a manual hairstroke method to apply semi-permanent product to your eyebrows to give them shape, definition, and thickness. With microblading, you don’t have to worry about applying daily makeup for great looking brows, making it a convenient solution for an everyday look you love.
Microblading in Troy
What it Treats
Thin or sparse eyebrows
Poor definition or arch
1 to 2 hours
Female or Male
18 & older
Recovery & Downtime
There is no downtime for microblading in Troy, but it will take some time for the pigment to naturally fade into the final results.
Why try Microblading in Troy?
Microblading lasts for many months, making it a long-term solution for beautiful brows.
Instead of taking minutes out of your day every day, microblading gives you the freedom to wake up with eyebrows you love without the hassle of applying makeup each day.
Some people may not have the confidence to leave the house without daily eyebrow makeup. With microblading, you can start your day feeling good and without worry.
The Microblading Process.
What to Expect?
Before your appointment for microblading in Troy, you will have a personalized consultation with I AM Medical Spas and Laser Center. During this, we will examine your eyebrows without makeup and discuss your ideal shape, answer any questions, and make sure you are a candidate. Based on your anatomy and goals, we will help determine the best color and shape for you.
To minimize discomfort, your I AM Medical Spas and Laser Center provider will use a topical anesthetic to numb the eyebrow area. Your microblading specialist then uses precise techniques to deliver the pigment with hair-like strokes. They will follow your treatment plan to create natural-looking results.
You will experience some swelling and irritation immediately after treatment. Your I AM Medical Spas and Laser Center provider will give you specific aftercare instructions.
Before your treatment for microblading in Troy, you should:
- Do not have a tan or sunburn on your face because as either of these fades, it can fade the pigment.
- No eyebrow waxing, plucking, or tinting 1 week before.
- Avoid deep exfoliating treatments such as a chemical peel 1 month before.
- Avoid products containing retinol, Retin-A, glycolic acid, and alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) for at least 1 week prior to your treatment.
- Discontinue use of aspirin, ibuprofen, and other anti-inflammatory or blood thinning medications for at least 3 days. If you are taking these medications under the direction of a physician, you should consult with them before discontinuing.
- Tell your provider if you have been on Accutane or another product containing isotretinoin in the last year.
After your treatment for microblading in Troy, we recommend you:
- Do not pick or rub the treated area, allow any scabbing to naturally flake off.
- To avoid fading of the color, do not sweat for 10 days after the treatment. This includes avoiding high-intensity exercise, saunas, and other sweat-inducing environments.
- Avoid using products that will fade your eyebrows faster on the area, like acids or retinols.
- Apply healing ointment or balm as recommended by your PROVIDER.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does microblading hurt?
We use a topical numbing cream over the eyebrows before the treatment to ensure that you don't experience pain throughout the treatment. There may be minimal discomfort throughout the process, but it is very tolerable.
How long does microblading last?
How long microblading lasts depends on your environment, care for your brows, healing process, and other factors. For most people, microblading typically lasts between one year or longer before you need a touch-up.
Am I a good candidate for microblading?
You're a good candidate for microblading if you want fuller, more shapely brows for the long-term without the daily hassle of makeup.
Do I still need to tweeze my eyebrows after microblading?
If you find that you have stray hairs growing outside of your main eyebrow area, you can tweeze your eyebrows to maintain their shape and definition. This all depends on your individual hair growth.
Tell us more about what you need using our Virtual Consultation Tool. Simply input your concerns and we'll provide custom treatment recommendations for your unique needs.